Life was going great, then I got detected with ovarian cancer and it was already late. This is how you hear most of the cancer patients’ stories because identifying ovarian cancer is often challenging as this type of cancer may have very few symptoms. For this, it is important to be familiar with the early warning signs and consult the best ovarian oncologist in India as soon as possible.
What are The Few Early Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer?
These early symptoms provide the clues that you have to get your check-up done, also keep in mind that almost all symptoms may or may not be cancerous.
- Fatigue and back pain.
- Irregular menstrual cycle and painful intercourse.
- Bloating, pain, and pressure in the abdomen.
- Feeling abnormal after eating or having trouble eating.
- Have an urge to urine often.
- Indigestion, heartburn, and constipation.
- Dermatomyositis causes skin rashes, muscle weakness, and inflammation.
To Note: In the case of Ovarian Cancer the symptoms will remain and will not go on their own and will become worse over time. Although it is not very sure of the symptoms if your ovarian cancer specialist in India wants to get a clear idea, more screening and diagnostic tests will be advised.
What are The Tests for Ovarian Cancer?
Through normal examination of the body rarely can a doctor identify ovarian cancer so doctors will suggest tests like screening and diagnosis. Some of the diagnostic imaging includes:
- Transvaginal ultrasound (TVUS): This test uses harmless sound waves to get a picture of the ovaries, helping to identify if there is growth or mass. Well, this test cannot determine if the growth is cancerous but it provides direction for any next steps or can also put your worries to rest if no masses are found. There are other diagnostic tests too which are done after TVUS.
- CT Scans (computed tomography): Through this test, the cross-sectional images of internal structure within the body are seen and it is typically used to see large tumors and to determine if cancer has spread to other organs.
- MRI Scans (Magnetic Resonance Scanning): This test is also used to create cross-sectional images similar to CT scans but it uses a magnet to create the image. The contrast dye named Gadolinium is injected before the MRI scan to improve the detailing of the images.
- PET Scans (positron emission tomography): A slightly radioactive sugar solution is used to identify cancer cells, which consume more of the sugar solution than normal cells will. A camera will then take pictures of the highlighted areas or cells, which will help in identifying small tumors of those which have spread.
- A CA-125 blood test: This test is used to measure the level of a protein called CA-125 which is found in women who have ovarian cancer. During treatment also this test is done for checking the level of protein going down as the tumor shrinks. However, this protein is also elevated due to endometriosis or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) which makes it less preferable for the true screening test.
Surgical Diagnosis for Ovarian Cancer
Once the diagnostic tests are complete, your cancer specialist before starting the ovarian cancer treatment in India will ask you to get the surgical diagnosis done.
- Biopsy: A tiny sample of the growth is taken and sent to specialized labs for testing. This is the best way to find out more about the growth. Most of the tests are performed by needle aspiration guided by ultrasound or a CT Scan to make sure the sample is taken from the most useful locations.
- Laparoscopy: This test allows the cancer specialist to look at the ovaries and pelvic structures by placing or inserting a thin tube that shows images into a video monitoring system. Through a small tiny incision lighted camera is inserted.
To start the cancer treatment even the top ovarian cancer hospitals in India will ask you to get the tests done which enables them to properly identify and start the treatment.
A piece of Advice:
If you have noticed the above symptoms as discussed, in your body then do not wait until it is too late to get help. As medical science and technology are progressing and more treatment options are available to treat ovarian cancer, you can save yourself from the dangerous situation if treated early. The hospitality and better treatment options available in India have made the medical tourism company in India famous. Take advantage of the best available options, Better to be early than late forever!